Friday, January 29, 2010

bailing hay

Last night I was driving home on HWY 81 and there were so many strange things that almost made me feel like it was a dream. The scenery beside me was flying by me so fast it felt like a whirlwind. I went to pass a vehicle and as I pressed down on the gas, I noticed 3 deer to my left peacefully eating in a field of snow. About a mile later, I found another set of deer looking around. I questioned if this was my time, my time to finally smack a deer? Thankfully, I didn't.

As I approached HWY 14, I was coming up the curve and out of nowhere, the entire road was full of hay. I remember saying, "oh crap!" as I braced the steering wheel, shut my eyes and turned my head. I waited for the impact, for the feeling of hitting a block of cement. But I didn't feel anything. My heart was racing and my breathing was rapid. I had taken out that pile of hay like nothing!

The rest of my drive was uneventful. I arrived home safely, parked the car in the garage and went inside. Later, my husband had to go pick up a child of ours from the school. Then, my daughter comes upstairs and says, "I'm supposed to ask where you were bailing hay?!" I busted out laughing.

I knew there must be evidence on my car, so I grabbed my shoes and went to the garage. And here the entire front of my car is covered with hay. It looked like a hula skirt. I laughed and laughed. No wonder people were looking at me weird when I was turning into town.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

hilarious!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.