Friday, January 1, 2010

Grandma Ann

If grandma didn't know you, I can guarantee she knew someone you are related to. Grandma always knew my friends or their relatives, even if they weren't from around here. And it seems that many people knew grandma Ann as well. She always got a kick out of that!
She worked at Spies and then Hy-Vee for many years. Grandma loved her grandkids and her great-grandkids with all her heart.
Grandma took great care of grandpa when he was still living and continued to take care of herself and her house for many years before moving into an assisted living center and later, a nursing home.
Grandma's pride and joy was always Shaylee. She always wanted to see her and for me to bring her by. Grandma's friends always told me how much she loved me and Shaylee. Later, Jayden came into the world and grandma loved him too.
This afternoon, grandma went to heaven to be with the Lord whom she had all the faith in. And I'm sure grandpa was waiting for her, saying, "It sure took you long enough!"
I love you grandma. I will cherish the memories you and I had together. Give grandpa hugs from me. I love you.

No comments: