Saturday, January 30, 2010

saturday shmaterday

A typical Saturday for us. Shawndra started the day with basketball. Then we had a make do lunch of leftovers. I cleaned all morning. And stayed in my jammies until 1:30pm until I felt so nasty from cleaning that I had to take a shower. I think everyone else appreciated that shower as well. Or at least the results from the shower. Ahem.

We went to town and we got our rings cleaned. Mine needed it badly. The girl who helped us was more concerned about her hair falling in her face than us and she was also quite amused to hear that "home cleaners don't get my ring clean". Seriously? Don't stores always make the diamonds look more sparkly than anything at home? I think they have magic stuff they use. Either way, my ring sparkles like it's new again. Well...until I smothered it with lotion. (Sigh)

Then our weekly almost daily, inevitable shopping trip to Wal-Mart consumed several hours and over $400. Wowzers. But I digress, we are a family of 8, so our grocery bill is nothing shy of gigantic. And no, we didn't buy a TV or some fun game, it was all stuff we needed. Well, except our movie we bought, but that's pocket change in the grand scheme of our grocery bill.

And now the agenda for tonight, date night on the couch, to watch a movie. G'night all!

No comments: