Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shaylee's winter program

I see I've been slacking with pictures. Probably mainly due to the fact that my lens still doesn't work like it should and only focuses when it's having a good day. Yes, my camera has a mind of it's own, much like me. Anyhow, I did manage to take some pictures using my zoom lens at her Middle School Winter Concert.

She is growing up way to fast. Look at that posture. She loves playing the flute. I remember trying to persuade her to play an instrument and she was so mad at me. Just look at her now.
"What mom!"

Shaylee has an amazing voice, a voice so beautiful that I think she could have a career by using it. She was accepted into Honors Choir. In February she will go to the PAC on campus and will practice all day with the SDSU teacher and then perform that night. Only 4 kids were chosen from Sioux Valley and she was one of them. I'm so proud of her.

Those four kids even got to perform during the concert as a group solo. They sounded great.
I'll post more information regarding the February performance when I know more.

1 comment:

Kath- said...

Way to go Shaylee!! That look Val I am sorry to say she got from you =)