Sunday, December 14, 2008

Graduation!!

The day started out at the Frost Arena at 9am. I found my way to the bleachers where we had assigned seating. A few friends were near by, but not directly beside me. I found myself waiting with anticipation as I wondered who would be next to me. I watched the arena fill up quickly. Before too long a guy came and plopped down beside me and announced, "I'm f#*king drunk. Yep, I'm hammered." So you can about imagine how impressed I was with this. He had the worst smell, he hadn't gone to bed and he kept falling asleep during the ceremony. It was ridiculous. And yes, this is who I got to sit by for the next 3 hours. Other than that, graduation went really well. I found myself getting nervous when my side started going to the stage. Everyone else around me was also nervous. It happened so quick. I handed my card to the dean, she announced my name (pronouncing it incorrectly), I shook hands with the president with my right hand, took my diploma with my left hand, flipped my tassle to the left, and headed off the stage. Right away you get your pictures snapped, then around the corner, they take it again in front of the flag. Then we headed back into the arena to sit.
Leave it to me, to be a dork! :-)
All 8 of us sharing the moment.

Yep, that's my mom. She's so weird! Maybe that's where
I get it from??


Awww look, a good picture of us.



My wonderful husband who took care of
the kids during the ceremony!






1 comment:

Kath- said...

Love that pic of you!! Your personality shows :) Your Mom is a sweetie and I am sure so proud of her daughter in all of her accomplishments!! WAY TO GO THUMPER!!!!!!!