Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ouch my legs

My husband has started joining me in my efforts of getting into shape. It's only
taken 6 months for him to jump on the bandwagon. He's been walking or jogging with me and even without me and I have to say, it's been nice to have the support. Even the days where I don't feel like getting up to go walk, I still go.

I never regret finishing a workout, but I do regret skipping them.

Tonight we went for a 2.77 mile run and my legs are killing me. We got about half way through and all of a sudden I had sharp pains shooting through my shins. If I can guess, and not being a runner, I'm guessing it's shin splints. So we altered the walking and the jogging. I still pushed myself, even through the pain. As I sit here now, my shins are aching or throbbing. I sure hope I didn't set myself back tonight. Tomorrow nights workout will probably be something different, to give my legs a break. I'm thinking about biking instead.

No comments: