Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shaylee SDVC


After several months of hard practice, today was the first tournament for South Dakota Volleyball Club (SDVC). And what a long day it was! We hit the road at 6:45am and got home at 4:30pm! Shaylee's team played 11 games and took 2nd overall. It came right down to the last point, which they lost. I'm positive they would have won had they not been so tired. They played ball for 8 hours.

Watching Shaylee in volleyball is one of my favorite things to do. She is so strong and can jump so high.

She's ready and waiting. Shaylee plays the front and serves.
When I look at her face when she's getting ready to serve, I can see her face when she was a baby, but shhhhh, don't tell her I said that. She has such dedication.
As the day went on, it got really hot and stuffy inside and then their jersey's are long sleeves so that made them all the more miserable. I would love to know who made the decision to get long sleeves because there were only 2 teams like that; the rest had tank sleeves.

This one is blurry, but I still love it because it shows her in mid jump.
Shaylee is an excellent server. So consistent.
They have another tournament next weekend on Saturday in Madison. Shaylee was so tired when she came home today that she went straight to her room to sleep. She came up to eat and is back there again. She's completely exhausted. And even though I was not the one physically playing, I found myself getting equally tired because of the long day sitting on the bleachers, chairs, and the temp of the gym.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask what kind of camera you have? I'm in the process of getting a better one and I'm not sure what to get!

Steph in ND

Val said...

Hi Steph! I actually have a Canon Rebel XSI, which is about 4 years old, so I consider it to be a dinosaur. :) However, if you are looking at getting a DSLR, it's definitely worth it. With mine, I have different lenses that I use to get different looks. My all time favorite lens is the 50mm f/1.8. I feel like that lens is a must have. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Val!!!

I was looking at the Cannon Rebel!! I'm glad to know that you are using a similar camera! I think it's the one I'm going to get!

Thanks again and congrats on the weight loss!! I struggle with that battle on a day to day basis too, keep up the great work!!

Steph in ND