Thursday, April 21, 2011

new neighbors

We have been so spoiled since moving into our house three years ago. We have a nice big corner lot, essentially the size of two lots combined. Our back yard is lined with lilac bushes and apple trees and one really big, almost dead, oak tree. There is a house behind us where we share a back yard, or actually property lines meet. It used to be owned by an elderly couple who have since moved out. It sat empty for over a year and was up for sale.

Well there has been movement over there lately and lights on and people walking around the back yard looking at our trees and such. Mike broke the news the other day that we have new neighbors. Right now they are painting and whatnot, but will be moving in this weekend.

It's such a privacy shock for me I can't believe it. I used to stand at my patio door in my pajamas and look around or wander out onto the deck. But now I am greeted with shades pulled, lights on, people in the back yard smoking, people in the yard. It's crazy.

We never, not once, seen the elderly couple. The only movement in the back yard was the hired help who mowed the lawn. I guess we're in for a change. I wonder how this will affect the kids and the dog. Hmmmmm. I dislike change.

No comments: