Wednesday, April 27, 2011

last day of preschool

Jayden had his last day of preschool today. Or he should have had his last day of preschool. I was busy with work and asked Mike to take him. He called me about 20 minutes after preschool started and said Jayden was going back to daycare because he was in hysterics, throwing things, thrashing about, ripping things from the wall, and having the worst tantrum he's seen.

I was sad when he told me this. It was supposed to be his last day, a field trip day, a day with ice cream from SDSU, a final good bye to his teachers day. But Jayden was so angry and so out of control he had to leave.

He was still upset when I picked him up from daycare, but he seen the look on my face and knew I wasn't happy. Then he refused to walk, even as I gently pushed him along with my hand on the back of his head. He dug his feet in and would not budge. I ended up carrying him to the truck where he was like a limp doll and refused to cooperate.

And all I can think about is he acts this way because of our parenting and we should see a family counselor to figure out how to best deal with it. And my view is that there is something wrong and I want answers.

We've changed our ways. We mean what we say. We follow through with what we say. We don't give in. We give consequences and time outs. I'm just hoping something gives, and soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers.

Steph in ND