Saturday, May 29, 2010

whiskey barrel

I brought this whiskey barrel home tonight from my parents house at the lake because they said they didn't need it or have use for it. I'm going to plant a tomato plant in it. I have zero experience in a vegetable garden, so one measly tomato plant should do me good. However, Miss Sophie thinks she might have a different use for this whiskey barrel.
Now, I wonder how well a tomato plant will fare when a cat uses it as a bed? Hmmm...
------------------------------
We spent the day at the lake today. It was hot. And I mean hot. I really don't like hot, but I managed. The kids had a great time swimming and playing in the tiny beach like area we found next to grandma and grandpa's house. The lake has finally filled with water again and looks awesome, but the down fall with that is they lost all of their sandy beach. Seeing the lake full of water again is a wonderful sight.

And Mr. Jayden had another successful day of potty-training at the lake! He even pooped on the potty! I'm so proud of him for going from tantrums to trained in less than two days. I'm prepared for slip ups and accidents, but for now, he's mastering this perfectly. Tonight he had lots of poops...some made it to the toilet...and some didn't. But it was a genuine accident and he knew it was coming (running in place and whining all in 5 seconds). But wow, this little boy has made his mama one happy lady with the progress he has made! Way to go Jayden!

I've got some great pictures from the lake that I plan to share soon.

No comments: