Sunday, May 2, 2010

what's with him

4 nights in a row now, Mike and I have had very interrupted sleep. Jayden has been up for 2-3 hours every night, screaming, crying, grunting and whining. I'm wore out and run down. Last night I was so desperate, I pulled out a pacifier thinking maybe he would take it and go to sleep. He wanted nothing to do with it. I guess that's a good thing, too, but it didn't help us last night.

We go into his room and try to comfort him, he returns by trying to kick us and grunt at as and scream a high pitched shrill scream...over...and...over. I go in there, Mike goes in there. It doesn't matter. We change his diaper, tuck him in, hold him, carry him and finally let him cry. He's worse than a newborn with colic!

There's nothing worse than being so tired and wanting to sleep yourself and then dealing with him. And he's loud. He wakes up everyone in the house. There is nothing we can do to make him stop. I've even had him to the doctor numerous times for this. The doctor suggested Benadryl for at least 10 nights in a row thinking maybe his sleep is screwed up. It did no good.

I've thought maybe it's night terrors since Shaylee had those when she was little. Jayden's tantrums are different. He's aware we are there and he reacts to the things we try to do with him when typically a child who has night terrors won't show any reaction.

To top it off, he wakes up in the best of moods! Like nothings happened. Well, I'm so run down now that I've got a cold and a pounding headache. I go to bed every night praying he will sleep. But it doesn't work.

No comments: