Friday, May 28, 2010

potty training--day 2

Yesterday I started working with Jayden on potty training. He wasn't enthused like I was. So today, I started again, this time in big boy underwear. Him, not me.

He threw a tantrum, screaming, crying, kicking the floor, for several hours this morning. He wasn't totally against the idea, but was definitely trying to exert his independence and take control of the situation. I, however, wasn't backing down for nothing. I kept my cool, stayed calm, and ignored the tantrum, all while checking him every few minutes.

The first half of the day we went through several pairs of underwear, but I could tell he was grasping the idea. He started telling me "I go potty" in his own sounds, which later became very clear to us. His underwear would be dribbled in. Many times, he would sit on the potty, but not go. Then all of a sudden...it happened. Pee was shooting out!

The day kept getting better. By evening he was running into the bathroom and hopping up on the toilet himself. We of course followed shortly behind. He peed on the potty at least 6 times today!

Now tonight he started talking about poop. Little Jayden usually poops 3-5 times a day and by 9pm tonight he still hadn't pooped. Well, he ended up going in and out of the bathroom over and over talking about poop, so we kept going in there. He pooped a tiny bit in the toilet. I guess that was it because then it was time for a diaper and bedtime.

We'll see what tomorrow brings since we're heading to grandpa and grandma's at the lake. Hopefully he keeps doing as well tomorrow as he did today.

Oh and I do plan on bringing the "potty treats" as an added bonus. I'm one proud mama for my little man accomplishing so much in one day. I mean wow, going from refusal and tantrums to peeing on the potty and being excited about it. A good day!

No comments: