Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wal-Mart

My quick trip to Wal-Mart tonight was nothing short of frustrating. All I needed was cat litter. One simple item. I parked at the garden center doors, ran in...well walked in...grabbed my cart, picked up the litter and returned to see 5 people in line, a CSM helping the cashier (the only cashier) and a quick 4 people behind me. Wow. The front of the store never gets lines like that.

I refused to walk all the way to the front. I parked over there, went in over there, for the very reason I did not want to go to the front of the store. So I waited. And tweeted a few.

Then I seen it. A customer was using WIC, which was why the CSM was there. By the way, CSM is Customer Service Manager. I know this because I used to be one. Anyhow. It's very rare for WIC to go through garden center. WIC takes longer because it's separate transactions.

The CSM scurries away and we all wait while the cashier slowly takes the WIC order. Not that it was her fault. She rarely does WIC, so she has a valid reason to be slow. I wait and wait. Then I see the CSM scurrying back with infant cereal. Yep, she had gone all the way from one corner of the store to the other end of the store to get the "correct" items for the customer's WIC order.

I was frustrated. I can imagine the CSM's level of frustration or anger. Wow. Finally, like 10 minutes later or an hour or however long it was, another lovely cashier showed up and said she would have been there sooner, but she had to catch a fish.

Ugh. Remind me to never go to garden center at Wal-Mart when I want to make a quick trip into the store. I got my cat litter and left.

No comments: