Monday, March 22, 2010

a tween

This girl is a tween. Have you ever wondered why they call it a tween? Well according to Wiki, it's the ages between 10-14, or the tween stage before becoming a teen. Ok, I added that last part. It's also a stage where the said tween begins to exhibit huge independence if they hadn't already shown signs of that earlier. They may also be more lippy, mouth back, voice their opinion, scream, shout, and demand things.
But during this tween stage, they can be caring and motherly, looking out for younger siblings, and also trying to do good in order to gain things. Or maybe it's the privileges they are trying to gain back that were taken away during said independence stage. Aw, heck, who am I kidding. I can't keep track of this tween from one minute to the next.
But I can tell you this much. I love her. She's my first born. She's a big sister. She's an auntie, a good grade getter, a volleyball player, a sporty softball teammate, and my oldest daughter. And she's pretty special, even in this tween stage.

No comments: