Saturday, March 13, 2010

bedroom and garage day

We are still working on the boys' room, but have made huge progress, although we might have a set back coming up. The room is now dry, which is great. But the smell that I call "cat piss" and that my husband calls "mildew" has become quite apparent since the water came in. It's the same smell we had when we bought the house and had the carpets shampooed. And at that point, the smell was so awful (in that one room) that we recarpeted it. Now the new carpet smells that way. I febreezed the heck out of the carpet, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Today we tackled the garage and made a huge improvement in the organization of it and purged tons of garbage. I'm sure the garbage collectors in town are not going to be impressed by our pile in April when we can start setting our junk out again! That's the one thing I love about living in Volga. The first Tuesday of every month is considered spring clean up. So it's not just once a year, but every month, except Dec-March. Anyhow, we've got a driveway full of stuff that will be piled out there.

I imagine I will have to work on cleaning my house tomorrow, which I hate doing. Having six kids, the house never seems clean. I'm not a clean freak so to speak, but I do like my house to look decent! I guess I'll see how that works tomorrow.

No comments: