Thursday, March 18, 2010

it just sucks

The bedroom in the basement has water again. Not as much as before. The smell is still there. The carpet is ruined. And we don't have answers. We tried contacting insurance, but I guess we can't use that because we don't have flood insurance. Who would have thought having a little bit of water in one room that comes in from the wall would need flood insurance. I mean the sump hole is dry. Ugh. So I guess we're on our own to get it fixed.

Some guys at work said we need to cut the drywall out and bleach the wall and floor, but that's after we dig down at least 42 inches to fix the wall. They said since the house was built in 1977 it was probably tarred and after this much time, it could be shot, or something like that.

All I know is my basement is in shambles, my boys don't have a bedroom. Their furniture is all over the living room. It just sucks. I'm sure it could be worse, but right now, I have 5 kids on antibiotics and a stinky, wet basement, and honestly...it just sucks.

2 comments:

Kath- said...

Call Sean he will give you the advice you will need. He is an expert at this you know :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Val, I know a great insurance guy and he is awesome at dding flood insurance for a super price. Give me a call or email me for his info. -Elizabeth