Thursday, July 28, 2011

so sad

I just found out my doctor of 20 years is leaving his practice. Two years ago my OBGYN left the clinic after a 12 year complex history with me. At the same time my chiropracter of 15 years left the practice with another complex history of my neck. And now my doctor. My kids doctor. My husbands doctor.

My doctor is my kids doctor. He knows Jayden's entire case. He was there from the beginning, with the episodes of turning blue in his office, the trachiamalacia, deciding to send him to the University of Minnesota, arranging for the LifeFlight jet to come get us in the middle of a blizzard, learning with me through the surgeries and tube feeding year, the years of terrible screaming tantrums in his office, the MRSA in his ears. The list goes on and on. Jayden has a huge history with him. How in the world am I ever going to find another doctor that is as good as him?!

I remember first meeting him. It was in the Emergency Room after I stuck my head through a windshield in a car accident. I remember him quietly waking me up in the hospital when Jayden was admitted to see how the night was or to talk to me about the plans. I can remember him rubbing my back with sympathy when we seemed so hopeless about Jayden's tantrums.

I have all the trust in the world for this doctor. I am so sad he is leaving.

No comments: