Thursday, July 14, 2011

catch up

Catching up on almost 2 weeks. Geez, I guess I really slacked off.



  • We watched fireworks in town. They were good, except I think they forgot the grand finale as I didn't feel the show was finished when apparently it was.

  • We went to the lake, rode 4 wheelers, putzed around in the golf cart, threw bean bags, and ate a lot of food. Karaoke was set up, so lots of people sang. Not me though, I can't sing.

  • The weather got really hot and really miserable. I hate the heat more than anything in the world. I even skipped the Arts Festival because of the heat. My entire family stayed inside in pajamas on Sunday.

  • My niece and nephew were here on Saturday. We played on the playset out side, in the pool, with trains, and whatever else was found.

  • My niece goes to sleep by just laying her down and giving her a pacifier. It was so crazy how easy it was.

  • My husband has been seeing the chiropractor every day this week, is wearing a back brace, and can't work. Really hoping it gets resolved soon as he's pretty miserable.

  • I mowed the lawn tonight...and remember how I mentioned I hate the heat? Well I hate the humidity too. My pants and shirt were soaked from sweat and my face was beat red by the time I was done. I sure wish we had a riding mower.

  • My uncle gave us a life or death scare and ended up with a total of 7 stints placed in his heart.

  • The kids have been busy with ball at night several nights a week.

  • We've laughed a lot and played games and just been busy with life.

  • Overall, all is good. And I can't complain. Except for the heat and humidity and nothing will change there. Unless I move to Alaska! :)

No comments: