Friday, July 22, 2011

rants

I gave three cats a bath today in the kitchen sink. Then I gave my dog a bath in the bath tub. And none of my kids got baths today. The older ones got showers though. I guess there is tomorrow for the younger two.

I think the weather has been messing with me because today was an off and on crabby day for me. Simple things set me off, like the entire container of toothpicks that disappeared when I really needed one to see if my banana bread was done, which was then later found hiding behind 6 cans of soup, but of course I had checked there. (Whew, long sentence.) However once they were found it was too late and the bread was out. I think it's done enough to enjoy.

We're also having all kinds of TV issues. I spent a half hour, or it seems like a half hour, on the phone with Dish Network in regards to our Dish not working. They are sending a new remote because they think ours is faulty. It's supposed to be here on Monday. Right now we can't watch TV in the living room because the entire receiver doesn't work. That really leads me to believe it's the receiver, not the remote. But we'll wait and see if it fixes things. It's funny how much a person relies on TV for some entertainment. I've never considered us much of TV watchers until late evening. But even then in the evening, there's not much to do but watch TV.

Did a little grocery shopping in the lovely super center that has once again rearranged everything. I wish they would just leave things the same. We also went into another local store to see about finding my daughter some shoes today, but we couldn't get a single person to help us find a shoe. We walked out and I'm pretty sure I won't go back. And people wonder why so many people shop out of town.

No comments: