Monday, March 21, 2011

family tidbits

Mike and I went on an actual date on Friday. I had won some tickets to the benefit for the Humane Society, which was a wine tasting event. Ironically, we don't drink, or very, very rarely if we do. So this was a funny win to us. But we went none the less and had fun. We walked around pretending we knew what we were doing, chatted with a friend who was bar tending, and ate hor d'oeuvres. Oh and we tasted wine. One took my breath away and make me cough, partially because I choked as I swallowed. Embarrassing either way.

Saturday we took the kids and bought some groceries and got Devin her dress and shoes for her concert next week. I still need to find stuff for Dalton to wear, but I have over a week. It looks like there is no concert for Joseph. Sometimes our school is like that...not having concerts for all grades.

Shaylee starts her Oral Interp Contests on Saturday. I'm anxious to see how she does as this will be her first year doing this. She's not thrilled to be up before 6am though. I'm so proud of her for being involved in so many opportunities in school. And she does so well, too!

I've started putting together the kids' summer rec activities and the prices. I've only got them down for ball and a few for swimming lessons and I'm already up to $300. I wish there was a limit on how much you could spend as a family because that amount of money is ridiculous, not to mention all the shoes and sports equipment that comes with each one.

Sunday we drove around and checked out the river, which was just starting to rise to a moderate flood level. Today it has left the banks and started to flow over roads and fields everywhere. So far it's not bad like it was in September last year.

We grilled tonight. Second time in the last week or so. I sure have missed grilled food. But the kids weren't totally impressed because they had hamburgers at school today and then tonight we gave them grilled cheeseburgers. They were big. At least they said our burgers were better than the school. I'm sure that doesn't take much!

No comments: