Saturday, December 11, 2010

today

The weather outside is frightful and I'm so in love with it. Seriously! I love a good blizzard, snow that slides in horizontally instead of vertically, wind, drifts, and snow stuck to my windows that looks like cotton balls. As long as I'm inside that is. I really hate having to outside when conditions are like this, so I will be staying inside today. Good thing I ran to the store last night!

I had a dream last night that was so real I woke up in a panic. It was all about trying to get to the airport on time to catch a flight to a conference for work, except I scheduled one last home visit before the trip, forgot to pack, and had to take a child with me. In the end I missed my flight, had no daycare at the conference and ended up staying in a hotel that wasn't in the same location as my conference. It really was truly realistic. I guess it was the nightmare version of the dream trip to Washington DC I went on last summer.

It's December 11th and I still don't have my Christmas tree up and I don't feel like putting it up. My living room upstairs is smaller than downstairs, but I want it to be in front of the big picture window, ya know? Is that bad that it's not up yet?!

I'm also a bit tired today because of having a dryer that takes about 4 hours to dry a load of clothes, I was setting my alarm throughout the night to keep the washer and dryer going, or I'll never catch up. Kind of like having a newborn, except it's a dryer! Ha!

No comments: