Tuesday, November 9, 2010

the big tree

I'm home alone with my children tonight because my husband is in Pierre after taking quite the over sized load out there. Yes, that is a tree on the semi!
He said while driving it there he could only go 45 mph and the tree took up the driving lane, the shoulder, and several feet into the oncoming lane.
He had to maneuver through traffic lights, power lines, and other obstacles along the way. But now, the tree is safely parked in Pierre, awaiting it's new home at the State Capital.
Yes, this is the State Capital's Christmas tree this year. It was cut down from campus at SDSU!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Val, where did the tree come from? I thought I saw one going down 14 when I was going to town the other day.

Sue

Val said...

It came from right off 22nd Ave by the new Innovation Campus. There are a row of trees that start right after the driveway past the pond with the fountains. It came from right there.