Saturday, April 17, 2010

a night with the king

Shaylee is at "A Night With The King" tonight at our church. I'm anxious to hear how it went. There was a big surprise in store for her tonight. Here are some pictures of her getting primped and ready! Starting with her hair.
Now she's being silly because I was taking lots of pictures!
She's so fun. And the lady doing her hair couldn't believe how much hair she had!
Hair is done. Next up...make-up!
Donna was so nice and helped her with her make-up. I'm not a girly girl, so doing the whole make-up thing is a bit beyond me. But Donna and other ladies were there helping out.
Shaylee did some herself. She's growing up so fast.
Getting her nails done. It's fun to be a girl on days like today!
Checking herself out in the mirror. I love this picture.
And again, except this time, I focused on her reflection in the mirror.
Finally, all primped and ready for a fun night.
And since beginning this post, I just had a chance to talk to her and find out how her night was. She had so much fun. The big surprise was her dad showing up and spending the evening with her. They even taught him and the other dad's how to dance, so they could lead during the dance. Shaylee told me her dad gave her a ring. Right now it fits on her pinky finger, but she wants to get it resized to wear it on her ring finger. I'm anxious to see it!!

This night was all about her, and being pretty, and feeling pretty, and being loved, and spending a night with the king.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful!!!

Steph in ND

Kath- said...

Seeing those pics of Shaylee brought tears to my eyes. She has grown up so fast and into such a beautiful young lady inside and out.