Sunday, April 25, 2010

case of the crabbies

I sit here with a case of the crabbies. Everyone in my house has a case of the crabbies. The kids' mom even had a case of the crabbies, or maybe it was lack of parenting experience. Either way, she brought them home early because she was sick of them not listening. Isn't that where parenting comes into play? I wish I could just "take my kids back" when they don't listen too. It would put a whole new twist on parenting, huh. But I guess we're not Wal-Mart, and you can't just return things when you don't want them anymore, especially your children.

But really, I have a case of the crabbies. I think partially it's because my schedule got thrown for a loop today. We had planned to go to Sioux Falls and do a few things before we picked up the the kids, but with the sudden change of plans, it meant no trip to Sioux Falls. I don't deal well with spontaneity and I really don't do well with change of plans on short notice. I'm very much by the book and like to know exactly what's going on, when, and for how long.

I could also be crabby because I'm tired of spending my weekends working on the house. This weekend I tackled the entire downstairs carpets. I shampooed them twice and three times in several spots. Our carpet downstairs is old and I would love to replace it, but that of course costs money, and also our children are tough on the carpet. After this weekend, the carpets are clean, or at least cleaner than they were.

I played a little joke on my husband with water. Apparently he didn't find it funny, but I did. So now I'm feeding off of his case of the crabbies. Hopefully this case doesn't stick around long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope your day is going better Val...I think I have many days with the case of the crabbies....Glad u post and let it out! Take Care! Carissa