Monday, April 19, 2010

many updates

  1. At 9pm last night, we finally got the bunk beds put back together and the boys finally spent the night in their room after many, many weeks of construction to fix the water problem. We still have to put trim on the window and closet and hang the closet rod and shelves back up, then that room is done. It looks cool and I promise, pictures to come.
  2. We ripped the lattice off the deck this weekend and started putting breathable landscape plastic down, so we can put the rock down.
  3. I earned several blisters on my hands from the hard work of cleaning the enormous pile of landscape rock in the driveway. I swear if I ever pick up a steel rake and a hose it will be too soon. My hands literally are slow moving today from all the raking, scooping, and shoveling I did trying to get the dirt and pine needles out of them.
  4. Shawndra stepped on a nail that went through her shoe and into her foot. Thank goodness she had a tetanus shot in 2004. It's still painful for her.
  5. My 3 year old son is finally pacifier free. Yes, he's had a pacifier at night time since he was a wee babe. It was so easy to break him of the habit too! We didn't really intend to do it that night, but when bedtime came and we couldn't find one, what more we're we to do? I told him he was a big boy now and didn't need a paci. Of course his bottom lip came out and he was very sad, but he was sleeping within 45 minutes. That was on Friday and we haven't looked back since!!
  6. I learned how good a bed feels after working so hard physically with no time for rest. It really does give a new meaning and love for our bed.
  7. Mike's truck quit running yesterday and he had to call a co-worker for a ride today. But he's since got it running today. I'm glad that didn't take long to fix!
  8. I figured out how much summer rec activities would cost for our kids and holy smokes, I think we need to sell a kidney to pay for it!!!
  9. Shawndra, Joseph, and Dalton have their Spring Concert on Thursday. At least I got "days" notice on this one, instead of Shaylee's where she let me know 2 HOURS before it started.

Well, I can't think of any more updates at the moment. I'm anxious to share pictures of the boys room and the struggles that went with it because we certainly ran into more problems.

No comments: