Monday, January 12, 2009

Blizzard With Low Visibility

A blizzard strikes again, this time without much warning. We knew it was coming, but the morning started out fine, nice and clear, and within an hour, visibility was down to nearly nothing. I had an adventurous trip home from Madison today. I seen many cars in the ditch and traveling was very slow. It took me almost 2 hours to get home from Madison.
This picture shows how hard the flag is blowing with that cold Northern wind.
A decent shot of a white out blanket looming right after the bridge. The interstate was solid ice. Traffic was moving at 30 MPH. At some points, cars (myself included) could not get him hills because the car would slide whenever the gas was hit.

I'm very thankful to be home. And I will be more thankful when my husband is home with me.

1 comment:

Kath- said...

HELLO FROM THE WARM BAHAMAS!! SORRY COULDN'T RESIST