Friday, January 30, 2009

Birth to Three Funding & Eggs!

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. I will be going to Sioux Falls tomorrow for the press conference and Legislature briefing to stop the proposed cut for the Birth to Three program. There will be a lot of people there tomorrow and I truly look forward to sharing my story, if I can, and to hear how the Advocasy group will work.

Governor Rounds is proposing to cut $2M from the program, which would basically halt all services that these young children are receiving. My own son receives OT and Speech. Without these services, where would he be when he starts school. I work with families who receive services, who also need them badly. Is it better to save $2M now or pay $10's of Millions in the future?

Children are creating the most important brain waves during these first three years. They are the most critical years of a child's life, and it's really sad that Rounds can't see that. I hope and pray the proposed cuts for Birth to Three are not approved and these innocent children can continue to receive the help they need.

Now....on to something a bit lighter.

Or not so much lighter, but better?

Have you ever met a really special bunny that comes out this time of year, every year? He tends to visit several stores, even before Valentine's Day has come and past. Well, this special bunny holds a very dear place in my heart (and my sides) simply because he lays the most delicious eggs!

I dare you to try just one. The bunny has left a sweet nest on my bed. Now if only I could say no.


1 comment:

Kath- said...

Okay I will be honest that totally made me laugh. WHY you ask?? Cause those are your absolute favorite thing!!!!!!! Did you forget we used to be roomies and best of best friends people like me don't forget those kinds of things!!! Not even how we used to eat snickers bars LOL