Monday, August 11, 2008

What a Day!

Guess it's been awhile since I updated again. We closed on the house this morning. We are official home-owners! It's so exciting and overwhelming. Today we did a little cleaning and then started painting. We got the boys' room painted, which is a sky blue. I'm not crazy about it, but I think it will look good when we get the Superman comforters in there along with furniture and whatnot.

The girls made a deal with us today. They have also wanted a blue room, except their bedding has no blue in it. So I kept telling them that the blue is just not going to work and I'm not buying them new bedding because theirs isn't old. Well anyhow, we broke down and bought them new bedding that has blue, purple and bright green in it. The deal was....we keep their last paycheck from the paper route. They had to talk about it and discuss if it was worth it, but in the end they told us money isn't everything. Their room is now bright blue and purple! It's crazy in a good way. Then they will have bright green curtains to go with everything.

We also tackled one wall in our room. We actually put grey on that wall and it looks pretty neat. The carpet is such a bright blue it's hard to find a color that we liked that didn't completely clash.

We also had a couple of guys installing a window today in one of the bedrooms. What a difference that made! The room had no window before, now it does. They just need to put the trim on and it's done.

I also went to court today to testify as a witness. That was interesting to say the least. Of course it couldn't have happened at a worse time. I'm glad it's done. I guess the case is now headed to a jury trial.

Tomorrow we both work and then are headed back to the house to do more painting. We have 8 gallons waiting!! Well, maybe 7 now. Then on Wednesday I suppose we'll tidy up the house and get ready for the carpet cleaners to come. And then Thursday we start to move.

I will add pictures when I get time.....

No comments: