Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Move

We are finally in our new house and so excited to be here. The kids love it. We ran into a minor setback when we moved, actually on the 14th hour of moving. The boys' room reeked like cat urine. I called the people who cleaned our carpets and they told me that what probably happened was the urine was soaked into the pad and by shampooing the carpets it brought the smell back to the top. It was so bad I can't even explain. We hauled all the boys' stuff back out and shut the door. We went to Midstates yesterday and bought new carpet and ripped out the old crap last night. Tonight we still need to scrape the rest of the padding up and then bleach the concrete. So far, since we pulled the carpet out, we can't really smell it at all. All we smell is paint. So I believe the problem will be solved. It just amazes me how nobody could smell that before the carpet cleaning, so I guess it was kind of a save for us.

We have spent the last three days packing, unpacking, putting things together, organizing, and doing some cleaning. We are finally out of the trailer completely, but no where near put together here. Our garage is packed full. We need to have a rummage sale, but I would like to wait until next year during Volga days when there are lots of rummage sales. I actually tried to arrange the garage somewhat tonight in order to make room for ONE van. I thought I did good, got in my van, pulled it in, but it wouldn't fit. It went in, just not far enough, and I don't think I could have opened my door. So hopefully we can get some more stuff unpacked so we can actually use the garage!

Anyhow, I best get back to cleaning and unpacking.

No comments: