Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Job, New House

Hello. That's right, I have a new job. I've spent the last 3 days thinking really hard and crunching numbers on paper, along with writing down the pros and cons. Last night, Mike and I decided I should go for the job. It's in my field, Early Childhood Education. I am now a Family Advocate with Early Head Start in Lake County, which is Madison. I will be driving, but am hoping that in maybe a year or so, the opportunity might arise to transfer into Brookings. For now, I'm getting my foot in the door. I will have approximately 10 families and will serve children in their homes who range in age from Birth to 3 years old. I see each family for 1 1/2 hours one time a week and bring activities to their home. I will also be responsible for PALS, which is like a big open invitation for my families to come to my office/PALS site and participate in the parent education I will provide, the activities, and the snack. I am totally excited. I haven't even graduated and I've already been offered this job!

We are in our house! We love it! We still have lots of unpacking to do, but initially we are done. The kids are super happy and so are we. We finally have the much needed space we all desired.

School starts in Volga on Monday. Hard to believe how fast the time went once again. Seems like not long ago we were beginning summer. I hate to think snow will be on the way in just a few months! Oh well, I guess I'm ready for cooler weather. I've never been one to enjoy heat. Plus I hate bugs!! HAHA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great note, Val! I am trying my anonymous comment to you.

Kath- said...

That is so awesome!!! You will love your job. I can't wait to see your house either. Once it settles down here for me I promise I will come see.