Saturday, July 26, 2008

What's in the air?

Man I tell you. There is something in the air that is causing people to be really crabby. I suppose it has something to do with the economy and the uncertainy of it, the rising gas prices, or maybe even the weather. I have had my share of run ins with people who have been having a bad day and have taken it out on me, personally. When people have a bad day I wish they would take a step back and realize what they are thinking of saying or how they are thinking of treating someone. It's amazing how many people take their frustrations out on innocent people at Wal-Mart. The last two days I have felt sorry for myself and for many of our cashiers for the situations they have had to deal with and the rudeness of the many customers. Maybe if these customers would actually think that WE also live in this economy and WE also have to deal with the rising prices they would stop and just keep it to them selves. Could just be me dreaming of that ever so perfect world again.

The house is coming along well. We have almost made it to third base. The appraisal was done on Wednesday. I ran into our mortgage lender and she said we would be getting a phone call on Monday regarding the appraisal. We are praying for nothing major to have been found. Considering we had an inspection done and there wasn't anything to major found on that we figure we should be ok. The soffit (over hang by roof) has a rotten spot, so we figure we might have to have that replaced before we can close. We'll see. We're anxious! We haven't even begun packing because we don't have any place to put our boxes unless we want to start stacking them in the living room. Gosh I can't wait for the day when we are in our house with double the space!!

Today I took my PRAXIS exam. It's an exam I have to take in order to get my diploma. If I don't pass this test, I don't get the diploma. I do have the option to retake the test, but it costs $140 each time. I thought it was fairly difficult....enough so to make me nervous. But I was nervous about the last PRAXIS I took and I passed that with flying colors. It's hard to believe I'm graduating in December! Wow, where has the time gone. 6 credits and I'm done!

We took the kids over to Volga on Friday to see the school. I think I will like it and I think they will too. Right now they are pretty excited, except Shaylee. She doesn't want to leave Brookings. The nice thing about Volga is they can actually pick their teachers. Registration is August 5th and school starts on August 25th.

No comments: