Monday, July 14, 2008

House/Joseph/General

I never knew buying a house could be so nerve wracking and stressful. I mean I've always heard people say that, but thought how bad can it be. Well I found out. The thought of getting into that loan with the huge payments is really scary. In the past 24 hours we have even gone as far as possibly retracting our offer in order to find something that is cheaper. The part that is so hard about this process is the amount of change we are encountering right now and all at once. I have to make some phone calls to the bank tomorrow and find out some answers to some very real questions we have. And we also plan to look at another house on Tuesday. Who knows...plans could change once again. Sometimes I think I shouldn't say anything at all, until I am for certain what is happening...but that would spoil all of the fun.

Joseph is now sporting a red cast up to his elbow. It has quite a few signatures on it already! The silly boy took a good tumble yesterday now. Is this where I say "boys will be boys"?? He actually stood on a ball to see if he could balance. Needless to say, he couldn't, and tumbled to the ground. He scraped his chin and his cheek and he bit his cheek really hard as well. Today it's all puffy. The best way to describe that side of his face is to imagine someone who has had their wisdom teeth pulled. He's still in good spirits though!

The kids are finally done with swimming lessons for this summer. It's been a long 6 weeks, but a skill that is so important for them to learn. Shaylee has passed level 6 now. I believe she's considered a junior lifeguard at this point, but am not totally for sure. Shawndra is moving on to level 5. She needs to work on the breast stroke. Joseph even passed to level 4 and he missed the last week of swimming lessons. So that was pretty amazing! Dalton will need to retake level 2. He tends to be more afraid of the water and doesn't want to do things on his own. I'm sure this will improve with age and practice.

The boys are not in t-ball anymore. We felt Dalton wasn't ready for it and then when Joseph broke his arm, the doctor said no more. The girls are done the end of this month and then will have the month of August to just relax and do fun stuff.

Well I suppose...it's after midnight, so I should try to sleep.

No comments: