Wednesday, February 8, 2012

tidbits

I planned on updating this blog sooner than the last time it was updated, which was a week, so here I am almost one full week with another tidbits post.
---------------
Shaylee and Shawndra had a basketball tournament on Saturday in Elkton. One team played so aggressively and dirty it made me cringe. It didn't help that two parents in front of us applauded the behavior. We had girls crying left and right and getting pulled out to the bench for getting hurt. Shaylee hurt her back and is seeing the chiropractor now because of it. Luckily it is a quick heal. We go back tomorrow for another treatment.
---------------
I have been really busy with work. My schedule has changed causing me to work more late nights. Since this winter has been mild, it hasn't created too many problems because Mike is getting home at a normal time, so he can help with the kids.
---------------
I got back on the treadmill tonight and found myself setting and meeting goals throughout my workout. Considering I was tired and didn't want to get on it, I am pleasantly surprised how well I did. It was awesome. My weight loss is also coming along nicely, which is making me feel more positive about myself.
---------------
Dalton needs another new coat, or at least this coat fixed. He got the sleeve caught on a swing at school and ripped it. Of course it was brand new coat when this happened. He also needs new winter boots, but I'm tempted to wait, since we seem to be lacking in the snow area.
---------------
Bob, our foster dog, got adopted last week. We have a new foster dog. Her name is Elsie. She is a little more unique than Bob. I will leave it at that, and maybe post a picture of her if she's not adopted this Saturday.

No comments: