Tuesday, February 28, 2012

bad day

I'm having a bad day and I want to blame it on the weather. Not because the weather is slushy or rainy, but because I'm sick of hearing we are going to have a big storm and then it is nothing. It rained all day today and is now a bit slushy, but certainly not the blizzard I was hoping for. Nope, that's all north of us. Again.

I stepped on the scale today after a week long hiatus of eating basically everything in sight. Even while I was eating everything, I was well aware of what I was doing and I could picture myself standing on the scale showing a gain instead of a loss. Reality set in when I seen a huge gain on the scale today. I knew it was coming, so it wasn't a shock, but it still isn't a good feeling. Knowing that I was full aware and still sabotaged tons of hard work. God some days I just want to punch myself.

Even though the scale went the wrong direction today, doesn't mean I am going to piss the rest of this weight loss down my leg. I have full intentions of hitting it hard again tomorrow. I would do it tonight, but I have to start with a fresh day, a new week, and a positive attitude, and tonight I just don't feel positive.

Knowing the kids were getting out of school early today I decided to send the girls a text message and remind them they are in charge and to pick up the house, clean rooms, and to keep busy. Imagine my surprise when I come home and not a damn thing was done. 2 baskets of clothes still needing sorting, a light saber and a small pile of towels on the stairs, toys on the floor, a kids' bathroom that was so messy I couldn't even get the door open. They knew I was pissed and meant business now because it didn't take long for things to get picked up and the bathroom to get cleaned. It's too bad they couldn't do that before I got home in the 5 hours they were home and it had to take me yelling to get it done. Oh and did I mention that I text both of the girls to make sure everyone was keeping busy and they acknowledged me by saying yes. I guess when I got home and seen they had been watching TV, reading, and on the computer, wasn't quite what I had in mind for them.

As I sit here tonight, the kids are yelling, laughing, giving piggy back rides, playing, and just being loud. Even when I ask them to be quiet. I'm just too crabby to deal with it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Val do I feel your pain!!! I'm also trying really hard to lose some weight and it's not going well. I'm trying and it's just not coming off. I also feel your pain about the kids and coming home to a huge mess and having to yell to get them to do a darn thing. Some days are super hard! Know you are not alone in your feelings!

Steph in ND