Sunday, February 12, 2012

my birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and even though it was just another day, no big deal kind of day to me, it was still a great day. Mike and I went to Applebee's to eat lunch, which was delicious. I had the Dijon Chicken with Portobello's. That has become my all time favorite meal because it is so full of flavor and isn't bad for my healthy eating.

We also adopted Bob. You may remember we were fostering him a week ago. I loved Bob and had serious thoughts of adopting him, but we got a message saying Bob had been adopted, sight unseen. I was sad and cried. Bob was such a good fit with our family and it was devastating to get so attached to him and then have to give him up. Well, plans changed when we received a text on Thursday that Bob was being returned. Apparently the owners said he required too much attention and they didn't have the time for him. Duh, people, don't then know that pets require attention and time? Anyhow, I ran to the Humane Society and picked him up with a couple days to try him out again. They weren't going to announce he was back, so we wouldn't be faced with the devastation again. On Saturday, we knew that we wanted him, so we loaded up all of his belongings that go back to the shelter and headed to town. Bob is now ours. He is a part of our family. And he is so loved.

After we adopted Bob, we went to Runnings and Wal-Mart and to buy him some toys and a dish for his food. We also got him some small treats.

Later in the evening, I made 2 angel food cakes and we had my parents over to have strawberry shortcake. They also gave me exactly what I asked for, a hot glue gun and a gift certificate to Hobby Lobby in Sioux Falls. I have a couple of projects I want to make, but haven't had a hot glue gun to do them. I'm hoping sometime in the next week we can get to Sioux Falls.

To end the night, we watched Dream House. What a strange movie. It was good, but definitely has a strange twist.

All in all, it was a great day. Another year older.

No comments: