Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy 13th Birthday Shaylee

13 years ago today my first born, beautiful, loved, amazing little girl was born weighing in at 9lbs 7 ounces and full of love for the world.

She started sleeping through the night after a few short weeks, had the funnest spunk of a personality and won everyone over instantly.
Helping herself to donuts when mom and dad weren't looking, crawling into the cupboards or boxes, or just finding anything mischievous to get into was one of her specialties. Of course she would look at us with her brilliant blue eyes and stay out of trouble.

Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles, Moms and Dads were completely in love...even when she sported a nice pair of bottle thick glasses!

Around this age, Shaylee was known to steal the entire bowl of cookie dough and go hide in her closet until I found her eating it.

Shaylee at Grandpa Mark's house holding up his most recent rack. She was pretty amused how big they were compared to her.



Becoming a big sister to her half brother Jayden was one of her proudest days at this point. She has adored him since the day he was born.

Always sporting a smile, a bow, a hug....
or even challenging her family to the silliest face contest.

She has continued to impress us with an awesome singing voice, great grades, and the love for friends and sports.

Over the last 13 years, my daughter has transformed into a young lady who reminds me so much of myself....


Shaylee I want to wish you a very Happy 13th Birthday. You amaze me every day and I cannot believe where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday you were my baby with little sausages for toes that I swore we were going to eat for supper. I love you!


Now......just because you are an official teenager doesn't mean you have to cause me to grow gray hair....just sayin. :)

1 comment:

Kath- said...

Oh how I remember those moments. So hard to believe she is 13 already. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!