Friday, July 30, 2010

what a week

This week sure was a long one. I had to drive to Sioux Falls every day this week for job training. The training was awesome. It was on one of the curriculum's I use with my job called Parents as Teachers (PAT). Wonderful curriculum and I learned so much. The trainers were hilarious and amusing. Even though the days were long and it was lots of sitting and listening, they were able to keep us laughing and learning.

I also learned on my long drives every day that road construction in South Dakota is treacherous and lengthy. Over half of my drive was spent beside orange cones and heavy machinery.

I came back to the office and had tons of work to complete, which I'm not even sure I got completely finished. I was high strung and full of anxiety when I got home. I'm trying to play catch up at work for a week missed, plus I'm having knee surgery on Monday, so I will be out of work for 3-4 weeks. I'll be glad when the surgery is done and things are mended, then hopefully I can try to lose a few (many) pounds.

Tomorrow is Honey Days in Bruce. We're thinking of taking the kids there tomorrow to see the parade. We've never been to that parade and have heard good things about it. I'm anxious to see it.

No comments: