Sunday, July 18, 2010

I hate being hot

Beware: post below is a pity party for me. You've been warned.

I'm hot. I'm always hot. On a normal day, I'm hot. I'm hot at work, I'm hot when I'm sleeping, hot when I'm sitting. I'm hot.

I hate the heat. I don't hate many things, but heat is one thing I cannot stand. Especially in my house or vehicles. Those are the two places I can be safe from the heat. Until recently.

I came home on Thursday night and my house was 85 degrees. It was sweltering hot. I felt like I was going to choke on the air it was so stuffy. I messed with the A/C, flipped the breaker back and forth, messed with the A/C again, and for some reason it fired up again. I can't make the house cold, but I can make it more comfortable.

On Friday while in Sioux Falls, the A/C in the truck broke down. It was 93 degrees outside and no wind. I had a headache all day anyhow and then when the truck's A/C went out, it turned almost instantly into a migraine. Driving home, sitting on leather seats, in a black suburban with all the kids and no A/C is torture. The wind was loud and hot, although the breeze on my face felt pretty good. However, the only thing to fix the headache was a nap in a cold house when we got home.

Saturday we went to town in the car because the car has A/C. Well it would only be right to have issues with the A/C in the car then too. I've had issues with it in the past freezing up and not blowing out cold air all the time, but now it's getting worse.

So here we are on Sunday and now the house A/C has been froze up all day. It's currently 80 degrees inside my house. We tried the windows open, which didn't help. It's hot in here. It's stuffy. And I'm getting crabby.

In fact, so hot and miserable that I went to work! At least work has A/C. So right now when it's freaking hot outside, I have no where to go that's cold. And it sucks. I hate it. I hate being hot.

And of course, money is tight right now. Tighter than we've ever had it. So fixing all these problems with the A/C is virtually impossible right now. And it sucks. I hate being hot.

No comments: