Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shaylee

Shaylee went to the doctor yesterday for a follow up from the ER. They did more blood work, which was done by a STUDENT, who poked her 4 times in the arm before they got it right. If I would have known before hand it was a student I would have spoken up, but I had not arrived at he clinic. Mike and my mom were with her. I got there shortly after. That is so ridiculous that a STUDENT would practice on a child!

Anyhow...

Her bloodwork came back and urine test came back looking ok for the most part. He was going to check her for Giardia, which could have explained it because you get that from camping and she does lots of camping with her dad. I remembered taking a stool sample into the hospital at 9pm awhile back and I was almost positive that is what was being tested. The doctor had no lab results saying what was going on, so he had his nurse call. Sure enough, they had already tested her for that the last time this happened.

What's our next step? Well....

Now we try to get her into a Gastroenterologist, hopefully the same one that Jayden sees. They will probably want to do a scope to actually see what her stomach looks like. That bad news...that doctor will not be available for at least another month, possibly two.

In the meantime....she is on two different medications, one to stop the stomach from the spasms and to slow down the stomach and intestines, and two, to coat the stomach and reduce the acidity level. Now we wait.

On a different, slightly random comment, my computer is still in the shop, so there are still no pictures. I'm hoping it will be done this week yet. Sounds like the User Profile was corrupted....whatever that means. Ha!

No comments: