Monday, May 16, 2011

auctions

I love auctions. On Saturday we spent 6 1/2 hours in the wind and rain to attend the SDSU surplus auction. Originally I didn't want to go, but thought about it and decided why not. My girls have been asking for a desk for their room. They currently have a piece of plywood over totes as a make shift desk. Well, after Saturday, they have a desk! I actually got 4 wooden shelves, 2 desks, a computer chair and a child size wooden chair for $17! Yep!

Then yesterday after being completely deflated by someone I love, I went to another auction all by myself. I hung around all day for a patio table I wanted, but it went too high, so I left with nothing.

With all the auctions coming up, I hope to find some decent furniture for our basement. The stuff we have now is old and it's time for something new!

No comments: