Thursday, June 24, 2010

accident

This week has been a bit crazy for me. My job has had me spinning circles and left me all stressed out and worried. On Tuesday, my step-dad was involved in a motorcycle accident and was badly hurt. It's been really hard to see him in so much pain and to see him all beat up. I've also struggled with feeling bad for him because he won't have a fun summer, like he should have, all because a lady pulled out in front of him. He's tough and a fighter, but it still sucks to think about how the summer should have been and how it will be now.

My mom is an amazing strength for him. She is doing a wonderful job taking care of him, calling doctors and the hospital, and meeting all of his needs. She says the reason she is so strong is because she can feel all the prayers working. I wish I could have half the strength she has. I am so weak and so emotional. Tears were rolling down my face before I even took a look at him and then I can look at my mom and see her amazing presence. I just wish I could do that.

What happened to my step-dad could have been far worse than it is...it could have been fatal or leaving him with much more serious injuries. I'm grateful his injuries are superficial and will heal. I'm grateful we still have him here with us. I cannot imagine the other. I'm grateful the first two people on the scene were a paramedic and a nurse. Thank you for being in that moment, at that time, and for taking care of him. And thank you to God for watching over him.

Leaving things in God's hands is always something I have struggled with. I try, but it's hard for me to fathom, yet alone do. My parents seem to be showing me during this time, what that is all about. If only I could figure out how to do that and quit all the worrying I do....about everything. I guess I've got stuff to work on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val you are so awesome! I can tell that you get it and that you are learning to let God help. I love you and I am so proud of you.
Mom