Monday, February 22, 2010

new phone woes

My husband has been on my case for almost an entire week now. Every single day he tells me I need a new phone. Mainly because he wants a new phone. Or should I say, he has a new phone and plan picked out and is just patiently waiting for me to decide I'm ready.

You see, a few years ago we wanted to upgrade our phones around Christmas time because there were such good deals at the time, but we couldn't because one of our contracts wasn't up. And the deal was a buy one get one type of deal. So we decided at some point we should get our contracts on the same timeline since we are married and all.

Well at this point, his contract is up and mine isn't. I can however upgrade to a new phone. I don't know if that means I don't get as good of a deal or what. I'm content waiting for 3 months until my contract expires, but his anticipation is quite high.

Did I mention I haven't upgraded my contract in at least 8 years? I still have a contract from the Cellular One days. And, I cannot get a contract with the great deals I have anymore for that price. So I'm stuck. Part of me wants to get a Smartphone next and the other part of me says I really don't need it.

So this brings me to a question. For those of you who read my blog (I know there aren't many), what phone do you have and do you like it? Please share with me!

2 comments:

Kath- said...

Val I have the blackberry pearl from alltel and I LOVE IT. Did I say that loud and clear I LOVE IT!! I love that I get my emails, I love that texting is so easy, I love that I can surf the net, I love that it is small shall I go on?

Anonymous said...

hey sis. Catching up on some of your blogs here...I can't sleep at 4 am apparently! LOL Anyway, I used to have a blackberry and loved it. But decided to go with the Droid (Motorola) and I absolutely love it. For a techy gadget girl like yourself, you would love it too. Someday I'll be able to tell you all the things this little computer can do! Till then, Happy Easter!