Friday, February 12, 2010

best birthday ever

I had the best birthday ever for many reasons. I received a phone call at work and was told I had to come to the office to pick something up. So I go to the office and I see this box. Never have I had flowers shipped to me!

Wrapped up in bright orange tissue paper was this beautiful flower arrangement. It was holding down a big bouquet of Happy Birthday and We Love You balloons. I was tickled!
Inside the box was this note from my husband.
Accompanied by the note were these 12 long stemmed red roses. I learned later they are supposed to be for Valentine's Day!
Then I got a gift certificate from my mom for a pedicure. After all this was done it was close to 4pm and it was time to get ready for Shaylee's Honors Choir. That concert was to begin at 4:45pm. So we headed to the venue. Here Shaylee sits in the top row. They were told they couldn't wave, so all the kids sat very still, patiently waiting to show us what they had learned.

When they started to sing, all I could do is look at my husband and say "wow". It was the most amazing sound I have ever heard. I mean it brought tears to people's eyes and was absolutely beautiful. I never realized young kids could sound so spectacular. I was one proud mama.
Only 4 students were chosen from Shaylee's school. Here they are with their music teacher. The 4 students and their families all ate at Pizza Ranch together. The Honors Choir was a compilation of the best singers from many different schools across the state. It was such an accomplishment for Shaylee. Months ago, she had to make a CD which got sent to SDSU. From there she was 1 of 4 chosen.
While eating at Pizza Ranch, Shaylee managed to tell everyone it was my birthday while I was out of the room, so a bit later during our meal, the whole room sang Happy Birthday to me. I was red in the face, but it sure was nice.
Shaylee also received carnations from her grandparents in honor of this performance. Again, it was the best birthday present she could give me. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: