Thursday, October 2, 2008

Curve Ball

Life threw a curveball in my direction last night. It totally took me by surprise and upset me to no end. Apparently when my pre-grad check was done, it was done Birth-8. Well, I'm B-5. So my advisor sent it in again, told me the classes to take, and I registered. Well 5 weeks into my final semester I find out I need a 320 hour practicum! Basically I can't graduate in December. We've petitioned the school and it's now sitting in financial aid awaiting approval. Assuming they approve it, I will be able to do this practicum at my job. It's just more work to pile onto my already over flowing plate. I was so mad. Looks like I have to write journal a journal each day about my day and I also have to read 10 journals and reflect on them. I can't even find the time to do the readings for my classes I'm already taking. UGH. Well what's another piece of stress to add to the rest of the year. I keep telling myself only two more months and I'm done. DONE. Just work and family. No homework, no papers. If only it could be done with the snap of my fingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val,
I am so sorry, but I'm not surprised not one bit. Everytime I've talked to someone in the Dean's office I get told I have another class to take. And they've looked at my transcripts 4 times. It's horrible. Make sure you fight with them about this. We are asked to be responsible students and do the right thing and we do by having a grad check done and they can't get it straight. It's a shame.

I hope it all works out for you. Let me know how it goes.
Dany