Friday, May 23, 2008

Wal-Mart

I got to say, I do think it's funny that Wal-Mart totally freaked out today when they heard Hillary Clinton was coming. Yes, to Wal-Mart. She wanted to talk on the radio live and eat hot dogs! They called the home office and the home office was freaking out. We had to send people outside to clean up garbage from the fences, entry ways and parking lot. Have you ever tried to clean that crap up in winds that are 50 MPH. It's basically a losing battle. Is it not acceptable for Hillary Clinton to see a store that has garbage? Then inside management was running around with their heads cut off, cleaning, organizing, and holding meetings on what to do. Of course, home office freaked and us CSM's had to go tell all of our cashiers a message, the same message everyone in the store got. 1) They are not allowed in pictures. There would be lots of cameras obviously. 2) They are not allowed to answer political questions. They could talk about CMN and how we support it. Anyhow Wal-Mart needs to remain neutral, which is the reason for that. I guess by being in a picture, that means Wal-Mart supports Hillary. Good grief. Sometimes I think people just jump to such extremes. So the whole store is in tip top shape, associates and managers are ready and we get the call from the local police department.....she's running late, she's on the freeway by Flandreu and will not be making it. So after all that, all the panties that got wadded up, the people whose hopes were elevated, and the countless wasted minutes, Hillary never came to Wal-Mart. Lesson learned.

On a side note, I have a terrible cold. My taste buds don't work at all and I have this very delicious brownie I bought from the bake sale that I cannot taste! I think over half of our household is sick. Hopefully we're well for next weekend!!

No comments: