Friday, May 2, 2008

Surgery

So on Sunday I wasn't feeling great. I woke up with a stomach ache and it only proceeded to get worse anytime I ate anything. By the time 6pm rolled around, I couldn't even stand up straight. It reminded me of labor and contractions. Mike and I finally headed to the emergency room where they did several tests including a CT scan. It showed a small bowel blockage and gallstones, which led to me being admitted to the hospital. I wasn't allowed to have anything to eat or drink because the surgeon was coming in the morning and they weren't sure if surgery was going to happen. Needless to say, I went into surgery Monday morning at 9am and had my gall bladder removed. Not that I felt I needed it, but I did think it was a necessary part of my body. 3 days later, I'm feeling better. I'm still sore to move, but otherwise feel good. I guess I have to get used to the new eating styles as far as what agrees with me and what does not.

Jayden is on medicine again because he has a nasty cough, runny nose and his ear has started to drain again. The doctors are testing his ear to see if he has MRSA again or not. Pray for his health! He finally cut his top two teeth through! Yay for that!!

1 comment:

Kath- said...

How are you feeling now?? I am praying that everything turns out okay with Jayden. Glad to see you started a blog they are addicting and lots of fun!!