Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jayden preschool

I finally got my blog to a point where I am happy with it again. Yay! We've been a busy crew as I'm sure you can understand being a family of eight. Jayden had a rough day at open house for preschool resulting in a tantrum or laying on the floor the entire time. After thirty minutes I had experienced enough and left. The tears ran down my face uncontrollably for over 20 minutes. I was so frustrated and embarrassed and confused. I had no idea if I should spend the money on preschool or put it towards something else. The question of paying for him to have tantrums and not enjoy himself was tough.

I sent a long email to the mentor teacher. She replied with some encouraging advice. I talked to Jayden ALOT about his feelings, being happy, being scared, the new classroom, new teachers, but also how fun it would be and how he really did want to play. That night we talked, the next morning and even when I picked him up to go to preschool. He said he was happy and I was hopeful.

Jayden and I went into the room. He held my hand, but thing were going ok. He picked out his name tag and then we sat at the art table where I helped him cut. Jayden ended up having a great day! He was quiet at first, but after about 20 minutes he warmed up and started to smile and laugh. I pray next week goes as well as last Thursday. Things will be a bit different because daddy will be taking him instead of me. Hopefully Mike can handle it all and Jayden will be fine.

---------------------------------------

Last night we went to Flandreau for a wedding rehearsal supper. All of Mike's family was there so it was a big get together. Today is the wedding and it looks like it will be a glorious day. I plan to take a few pictures tonight, so will share soon.

No comments: