Monday, May 21, 2012

middle school graduation

Today was the Middle School Graduation and Awards Ceremony.  Shaylee graduated from 8th grade today and will venture on into high school next year.  Man, where have these years gone?  She has grown into such a beautiful and intelligent young lady and I was one proud mama today.  Shaylee received awards in all of her classes for having all A's, along with a tardy free award, science fair awards, and honor roll.  The girl is smart, I tell ya, and she's been known to say, "it comes easy".  Lucky for her because it wasn't as easy for me when I was her age.

Here she is receiving her certificate of graduation.
 I should have counted how many times she got up from her seat to go get another award.  (I guess I could because the awards are in the kitchen, but that would mean getting up, and right now I don't want to.)  I would estimate 8 times or so? 

The most exciting part of today was what she won!  For reading books and filling out a BINGO card in the library and getting at least 2 blackouts, the students would be entered into a drawing.  She got at least 2 blackouts, along with maybe 15 other students.  The first name to be drawn got to choose between a Kindle or $50.  Low and behold, Shaylee's name was drawn out of the basket first.  She chose the Kindle!  She has been wanting one for awhile and had put that on her list for her birthday.  I guess she'll have to come up with a new idea, huh!?
 Moving on, Shawndra also received awards in all of her classes for having straight A's.  Today's awards ceremony was also for the 6th and 7th grades.  Shawndra is in 7th grade, so she has one more year.  She also received tardy free and honor roll as well. 
I couldn't be more proud of the these girls.  Teachers have told me time and time again that they appreciate their hard work and attitude and that they are great girls.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go girls!! Love, love, love the new family picture!

Steph in ND