Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jayden is sick

This morning started out completely normal with Jayden bouncing around before the sun was up and asking for breakfast the second he hears someone stirring. That all changed when I got a call from his preschool teacher and they said he was feeling feverish and had spit up some. I talked to them for awhile about how it's very hard for Jayden to puke because he has a stomach wrap done. I left it at that and carried out a sick little boy.

About 5 blocks later I could hear gurgling in the backseat and knew exactly what it was. Jayden was vomiting in the car. And he continued to do so the entire way back home. I didn't know if I should stop or keep going. I knew there was nothing I could do if I stopped, so I kept driving. I feel bad for making him sit in it, but just didn't have the means to clean it up on the side of the road.

We got in the house and got him stripped down and into the bathtub. He sat there not really moving or saying anything. I washed his hair and got him out and he was covered in goosebumps, so I knew he was cold. He started to shake and shiver. I got him dressed in some jammies that were comfortable and put him to bed. He said he was tired. I gave him a bucket in case he got sick again. Before long I could hear that sound, so I went and checked on him and sure enough he was puking again. I rinsed out the bucket and brought it back.

15 minutes later I thought I would check on him. He was laying in bed throwing up. All over the bed, his jammies. Ok since I started this paragraph I have had to clean this up 3 more times. I've lost my thoughts.

Jayden has it coming out of both ends and is mad on top of it, so it's making this really challenging. Not to mention I'm running out of clean sheets and blankets. Got to run. Say a prayer for him!

No comments: