Wednesday, June 8, 2011

first softball game

Shaylee and Shawndra had their first softball game of the season tonight in Bruce. It's unbelievable how hot Monday and Tuesday were and how freezing cold tonight was. I didn't think it was that bad outside tonight, but did grab my Columbia on the way out. Sadly, I was still in capri's and flip flops and froze anyhow.

They played two games and won both of them. Everybody was so cold. Some of the girls in the field were squatted down trying to stay warm. The games went on and on. One inning our girls went through batting two complete cycles, walking each base, until the other team finally switched out the pitcher. It was ridiculous. A few spectators that braved the cold were begging to call the game or for the girls to strike out just to be done. All of the girls on both teams wanted to go home, but I think none of them wanted to quit. 3 hours later, numb toes and cold bodies we were done.

We drove home with the heat on....in June. I hate the heat and don't usually mind the chilly evenings, but tonight I wish I would have had a blanket. Oh well, lesson learned. I'm sure next week will be blazing hot again with my luck. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell the girls CONGRATS!!!!